Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE P802.3bg 40Gb/s single mode PMD approval press release

David

Approve

Bob H.

At 02:45 AM 3/29/2011 +0000, Law, David wrote:
Dear EC members,

The attached press release has been prepared in anticipation of the approval of IEEE P802.3bg 40Gb/s single mode PMD at the upcoming IEEE-SA Standards Board meeting on Thursday 31st March. This press release will therefore be released contingent upon the IEEE-SA Standards Board actually voting to approve the standard that morning. As the development of this press release was at the request of the Task Force Chair and myself I'm seeking EC approval.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. To allow maximum time for process I am announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Best regards,
  David

Motion
======

The EC supports the IEEE P802.3bg 40Gb/s single mode PMD press release, to be released contingent upon the IEEE-SA Standards Board voting to approve the IEEE P802.3bg draft as an IEEE Standard, with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

Move:   David Law
Second: Bob Grow

Start of ballot: Tuesday 29th March
Close of ballot: Friday 8th April, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.

----------
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832