Subject: Proposed Message to 802 EC
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:13:43 -0400
From: c.boyce@ieee.org
To: gilb@ieee.org
CC: K.Bennett@ieee.org, p.gerdon@ieee.org

James,
I have been advised that to get a message to the 802 EC I would need to
send to you for distribution.  Please advise if you have any questions
regarding the following message.

Dear 802 EC Members

IEEE-SA is putting forth quantum efforts to make the electronic tools that
are available to our Working Groups more user friendly.

As part of this effort, we are integrating the Mentor and myProject
rosters.  When the integration effort is complete, the Mentor system
(which some 802 groups currently use for document repository) will utilize
the myProject Working Group Roster and Involvement Levels to authenticate
users to the password protected materials and tasks.

The integration of rosters will not affect your documents that are
currently housed in Mentor.

A key reason for merging the myProject and Mentor Rosters is the future
enabling of a new feature called EPolls in Mentor. EPolls will allow WG
Officers to hold letter ballots, poll the WG for information, or gain
consensus from the WG on a specific question or topic.  We anticipate
providing you with EPolls in the next month.

Roster integration is targeted to be completed by June 15, 2011.  Please
advise by June 8th if you have any concerns and we will address
immediately.

We appreciate your support as we speed these enhancements to the online
tools.

Regards,
Christina Boyce
Manager Standards Solutions Services, IEEE Standards
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08855
c.boyce@ieee.org
Phone 732-562-5540
Cell 908-239-4038

IEEE ? Advancing Technology for Humanity