Re: [802SEC] 802.22a PAR comment responses

802.22,
  In an effort to help get feedback on your response to you sooner than later,  we offer the following rebuttal.

1. Comment on Following instructions:
  From the PAR instructions: Please enter the amendment title in the text box. The title should be sufficiently unambiguous, understandable by a NesCom member not from the society that submitted the PAR. All acronyms shall be spelled out in the title.
We would encourage you to change the title, Scope and Purpose to meet the requirement.

2. In the Distict Identity, the instructions has "two Shall" statements, so we do not believe you can simply say "it does not apply".  Your Title, Scope, Purpose are REQUIRED to be easy for the document ready to determine what is in the document.
  IE:   from the 5C
        Distinct Identity
  Each IEEE 802 standard shall have a distinct identity. To achieve this, each authorized project shall be:

  a) Substantially different from other IEEE 802 standards.

  b) One unique solution per problem (not two solutions to a problem).

  c) Easy for the document reader to select the relevant specification.

Note From the NesCom conventions:

     4. Clarity in PAR Content and Title
  NesCom shall only approve PARs where the title, scope and purpose are sufficiently unambiguous, as to be understandable by a NesCom member not from the society that submitted the PAR. All acronyms shall be spelled out at first use.

  5. Scope and Purpose of the PAR
  The scope and purpose of the PAR shall be written in complete sentences and with proper grammar. The scope and purpose should be distinct and separate statements. References to other standards within the scope and purpose shall include the number, title, date (if appropriate), and source of the referenced standards. For PARs approved after 01 January 2007 for new or revised standards, the scope and purpose (if applicable) must match the scope and purpose clauses of the draft document submitted to RevCom. A purpose clause is not mandatory. If the document will not contain a purpose clause, this should be noted on the PAR form.

So we would encourage 802.22 to change the Scope and Purpose to be in "present" tense etc as per the rules/requirements.,

Generally the Scope tells "what", the purpose tells "why" as per the document.

The need section speaks to the project.

Regards,

802.11 PAR review Adhoc