From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Law, David
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 12:53 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE P802.3bj Ethernet operations over backplanes and copper cable assemblies PAR approval press release

Dear EC members,

The IEEE-SA has prepared a press release in anticipation of the approval of IEEE P802.3bj Ethernet operations over backplanes and copper cable assemblies PAR at the IEEE-SA Standards Board meeting on Saturday 10th September. I have attached the latest draft as well as a diff to the version I circulated about a week ago.

In addition, John D'Ambrosia is quoted as the Task Force Chair however he can't be confirmed as the chair until the PAR is approved and the Task Force meets for the first time on Tuesday 13th September. Based on this the release will be issued contingent on the both the PAR being approved and John being confirmed as chair.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me.

---

The EC supports the IEEE P802.3bj Ethernet operations over backplanes and copper cable assemblies PAR press release, to be released contingent upon the IEEE-SA Standards Board voting to approve the IEEE P802.3bj PAR and confirmation of John D'Ambrosia as IEEE P802.3bj Task Force chair, with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

---

Move:   David Law
Second: Bob Grow

Start of ballot: Friday 9th September 2011 Close of ballot: Sunday 18th September 2011, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.