From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tony Jeffree
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:07 AM
To: 802-exec
Subject: [802SEC] EC Ballot - Forwarding P802.1aq to Sponsor ballot

EC colleauges -

P802.1aq has just completed its most recent WG recirculation ballot, and following comment resolution at the 802.1 interim meeting here in Nanjing this week, the ballot results are as follows:

Yes 16 (100%)
No 0 (0%)
Abstain 17 (52%)
No. of Voters 44
Voters responding 33 (75%)

We are not making any changes to the draft before Sponsor ballot; as there are no "no" votes, there are no outstanding negative comments.

We have a tight, but feasible time window in which to move this project to Sponsor ballot in time to do ballot resolution in November. Therefore, with Paul Nikolich's permission, I am conducting an EC ballot on the motion:

"EC approves forwarding P802.1aq to Sponsor ballot."

Proposed: Jeffree
Seconded: Thaler

The closing date for this ballot is 6th October 2011 AOE; however, as per current P&P, should it become apparent at an earlier date that the outcome of the ballot has been decided, then I will close the ballot and declare the result.

Given the short time available, I would encourage EC voting members to respond to this ballot in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance -

Regards,
Tony