From:  Daniel Dove<ddove@apm.com>
Date:  Wed, 02 Nov 2011 08:42:57 -0700
To:<STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject:  Re: [802SEC] Comment request on draft 100 Gb/s Optical Ethernet

Hello Jon,

Your question is a good one. The goal of the PR is to inform the industry of
the activity underway in the SG and the goals being developed within the
effort.

Since the SG is developing objectives, stating the general direction and
getting industry awareness of this activity is important and timely. Once we
have objectives, the task force will be focused on how to achieve them. At
that point, it will be too late for participants who might see an industry
need to add objectives.

Regards,

Dan