Re: [802SEC] Slides for Openning IEEE 802 LMSC Rules Report

Hi Christina,

I'll be raising the question of mentor use for meeting documentation in general at the end of the EC meeting.  I don't think we are using it as much as we should.

That said, rules documents are a special case.  I already post rules to mentor, but they are always draft rules.  Once they become approved, I typically don't post them there as I'm concerned people will get confused with the many draft versions also posted.  The consensus in the rules review meeting was that we should have the rules documents posted separately, but that we need a consistent pointer (that never changes) from the EC web page. Note that AudCom already requires that we post (or rather they post) our P&P on their website. I suppose the pointer could use a pointer to mentor for the other rules documents, but I need to think a lot about how to notate drafts and approved documents so that people don't get confused if they go to mentor directly.

We can discuss it more later if you like.

Thanks!

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
Technical Director & Engineering Fellow