[802SEC] Conditions to forward 802.11REV to RevCom have been met
During the November 2011 closing plenary the IEEE 802 EC granted conditional approval for the 802.11 revision rollup (designated P802.11REVmb) to proceed to RevCom.
* Based upon the results of the most recent WG 802.11 recirculation ballot on P802.11REVmb_D12.0 the terms of the conditional approval have been met.
* Conditional approval checklist status is summarized below.
* Full details of are to be found in the updated EC presentation at
* As per LMSC OM Clause 14:
a) Recirculation ballot is completed. Generally, the recirculation ballot and resolution should occur in accordance with the schedule presented at the time of conditional approval.
- The Ballot occurred, in accordance with the schedule presented to the EC in document 11-11/1533r1. The recirculation running at the time conditional approval was granted completed on schedule. The additional recirculation shown on the plan was not required.
b) After resolution of the recirculation ballot is completed, the approval percentage is at least 75% and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.
- The approval percentage is 97.4% (151 approve, 4 disapprove).
- There are no new DISAPPROVE votes.
c) No technical changes, as determined by the WG Chair, were made as a result of the recirculation ballot.
- No changes were made as a result of the recirculation ballot and comments received.
d) No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE voters
- During the last recirculation we received two comments from an APPROVE voter were marked "not part of a no vote".
- No new DISAPPROVE comments were received.
If the WG Chair determines that there is a new invalid DISAPPROVE comment or vote, the WG Chair shall promptly provide details to the Sponsor.
The WG Chair shall immediately report the results of the ballot to the Sponsor including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid), the WG responses and the rationale for ruling any vote invalid.
- The Ballot closed on 2011-November-13
- The comments associated with remaining disapproves and the WG responses are in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/11/11-11-1533-02-000m-excom-request-to-proceed-to-revcom.ppt
- on slide 11
We did not pre-submit 802.11 REVmb to the December RevCom agenda. We are preparing to submit the standard to RevCom for consideration in their January 2012 Early Consideration meeting.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.