[802SEC] Conditions to forward IEEE802.21a and IEEE802.21b to RevCom have been met
During the November 2011 closing plenary the IEEE 802 EC granted
conditional approval for the IEEE802.21a and IEEE802.21b drafts to
proceed to RevCom.
Based upon the results of the most recent WG 802.21 recirculation
ballots on P802.21a/D6.0 and P802.21b/D6.0, the terms of the
conditional approval have been met.
Conditional approval checklist status is summarized below.
Full details of EC presentation are available at:
** As per LMSC OM Clause 14:
a) Recirculation ballot is completed. Generally, the recirculation
ballot and resolution should occur in accordance with the schedule
presented at the time of conditional approval.
- The Ballot occurred, in accordance with the tentative schedule
presented to the EC. The recirculation running at the time conditional
approval was granted completed on schedule. The additional
recirculation shown on the plan is not required.
After resolution of the recirculation ballot is completed, the approval
percentage is at least 75% and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.
- The approval percentage is 98% for IEEE 802.21a (63 Approve, 1
- The approval percentage is 96% for IEEE 802.21b (60 Approve, 2
- There are no new DISAPPROVE votes.
c) No technical changes, as determined by the WG Chair, were made as a
result of the recirculation ballot.
- No changes were made as a result of the recirculation ballot and
only editorial comments received.
d) No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved
to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE voters
- During the last recirculation of IEEE 802.21a, we received an
APPROVE vote from one DISAPPROVE voter
- No new DISAPPROVE comments were received for IEEE802.21a and
** If the WG Chair determines that there is a new invalid DISAPPROVE
comment or vote, the WG Chair shall promptly provide details to the Sponsor.
** The WG Chair shall immediately report the results of the ballot to
the Sponsor including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and
comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid),
the WG responses and the rationale for ruling any vote invalid.
- The Ballot closed on December 08, 2011
- The recirculation comments (editorial) are available at:
- The comments associated with remaining disapproves and the WG
responses are available at:
We did not pre-submit IEEE802.21a and IEEE802.21b drafts to the January
RevCom agenda. We are preparing to submit them to RevCom for
consideration in their March 2012 meeting.
Chair IEEE 802.21
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.