Re: [802SEC] Jim Carlo

Having known and worked in 802 with Jim for decades, I'm saddened at the news of Jim's passing.  I remember him from Token Ring, his jokes at the social, his forcing me and other EC members onto the stage in Kauai to "learn" the hulu, and the introduction of cookies at the afternoon break to keep the operating reserve below $40k.  More seriously, our industry will miss him as a long-time advocate for 802 technologies.

--Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of MJLynch@mjlallc.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:40 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Jim Carlo

This is indeed sad news. I saw Jin last year and while he didn't look that well what made those of us there wonder was Jim foregoing lunch due to a scheduled visit with a doctor. Jim was very much to "blame" for having gotten me in to the 802 regulatory world. I will truly miss him and my prayers are with his family. We need to take time to remember him at next month's Plenary meeting in Hawaii.

Regards,

Mike

Sent from my Samsung Intrepid(tm) on the Now Network from Sprint(r).