[802SEC] Don Loughry

Dear Colleagues,

This is difficult coming so close upon the loss of Jim Carlo, but I just learned that Don Loughry has passed away.

For those who joined IEEE 802 more recently: Don Loughry came to IEEE 802 after leading IEEE 488. He was the first chair of IEEE 802.3. I learned to chair a standards group largely by watching him. He became chair of IEEE 802 after Maris Graube. He was also active in the IEEE Standards Board and a past President of the IEEE-SA.

There is an obituary at:
http://www.mv-voice.com/obituaries/memorials/donald-c-loughry?o=1613

May he rest in peace.

Regards,