[802SEC] IEEE 802 and IETF leadership meeting

Dear Colleagues,

There have been some informal discussions between some of us at IEEE 802 and IETF on how to improve communication and cooperation between our groups.  We want to foster an open, collaborative, respective relationship. A face-to-face meeting will help to start that up.

Both groups have meetings on the Pacific Coast of North America this July so that is the best near term opportunity. IEEE 802 will be in San Diego and IETF will be in Vancouver. Since there is a week between the meetings, we have chosen to meet in the Bay Area on Wednesday, 25 July from 10 AM to 3 PM.

Agenda:

                Breakfast
1000       Introductions
1030       Discussion  of how to manage the relationship
1200       Lunch
1300       Afternoon time to discuss some specific areas where collaboration is needed.

Please send suggestions of topics for the afternoon.

Cisco has graciously offered to host the meeting in Bldg 24 of the Cisco campus in Milpitas, CA. This facility is a few miles from San Jose Airport and has hotels within walking distance. Cisco will provide breakfast and lunch for the meeting. More meeting details are on the wiki at:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/IEEE802andIETFleaders

Please add your name to the table at the bottom of the page if you plan to attend so they can get a head count for food. They also will need your email address and affiliation if you want to use the guest hotspot they provide. The table also has spots for arrival and departure dates to facilitate scheduling side meetings. There is also a spot to note any dietary restrictions.

In March 2013, the two groups are meeting in the same hotel in Orlando in adjacent weeks so a second meeting will probably be scheduled for that week.

Regards,
Pat