Re: [802SEC] IEEE 802 University Outreach program - draft press release review

Pat

We have the 802.15.6 MBAN (medical body area networks), which has been
published.  One of its goals is to improve data collection and sensors
for medicine.

Also, there is new task group, 802.15.4j Medical Body Area Network
Services (MBANS), which is an existing frequency band that will be
opened up to allow use by hospitals for wireless networks, sensors, etc.

These are enabling technologies that can be used to improve data
collection, response time, etc. for better diagnosis and treatment.
Thus, they can be seen as being directed at improving health.

IMHO.

James Gilb