From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Jon Rosdahl
Sent: 15 June 2012 16:28
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++10 Day EC Email Ballot+++Geneva Site Visit Authorization

Greetings:
    Paul as authorized me to conduct a 10-Day e-mail ballot on the following motion
    This will be a 10-day ballot, closing on 25 June 2012 AOE;
     as per current P&P I will terminate the ballot early if it is clear that the outcome has been decided.
Thank you for your support
Jon

  a.. Move to approve a Sept 2012 Site inspection trip to Geneva for 4 people.
    a.. The purpose of the trip includes inspection of all the meeting space, meeting room layouts, network capabilities, AV/power requirements, F&B specifications, security, staffing( including special name badges coordination) , shipment arrangements and any other session considerations, including pricing and billing procedures.  The trip would also facilitate meeting with property managers to identify and resolve planning details of the July 2013 Plenary
    b.. Expected travelers: Rick Alvin (Verilan - Network); Dawn Slykhouse (F2F - Meeting planner); Jon Rosdahl (EC Exec Sec); Paul Nikolich (EC Chair)
    c.. Standard Travel expenses (e.g. Coach Class Air travel, local transport, food and lodging) would be reimbursed
      a.. Paul's expenses would be airfare only, and expected less than $1200
      b.. overall budget expenses expected less than $15,000
  b.. Moved: Rosdahl   Seconded:
Background:
   This motion was on the agenda (9.01 in the Friday Plenary meeting) in Waikoloa, but fell off the agenda.
    From slide 15 --https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/12/ec-12-0007-03-00EC-executive-secretary-agenda-items-march-2012.ppt

.IEEE 802 July 2013 Plenary Session - Geneva, Switzerland
.Why Face To Face Events should conduct a site inspection to Geneva?
.A properly conducted site inspection is a significant factor in ensuring a successful session. In particular when planning an event in a venue and location not previously used by the IEEE 802, the site inspection will accurately highlight both the positive and the negative aspects of a selected location that cannot be quantified by reviewing a facility's sales literature or meeting contracts alone.
.Traveling to Geneva and meeting with the local ITU/CCIG/CCV representatives, will provide Face to Face Events the opportunity to evaluate all of the ITU/CICG/CCV facilities and services. The site inspection would include all the meeting space, meeting room layouts, network capabilities, AV/power requirements, F&B specifications, security, staffing( including special name badges coordination) , shipment arrangements and any other session considerations, including pricing and billing procedures.
.By conducting meetings with facility representatives face to face we will be able to develop relationships that will be beneficial during final contract negotiations and onsite logistics as well as pinpoint potential problems and resolve them well ahead of the session, saving time and money.
.Our site inspection experience and expertise act as invaluable tool in planning all aspects of the July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session, we appreciate your keen consideration of this matter.
Jon Rosdahl                          10871 North 5750 West
hm:801-756-1496                   Highland, UT 84003
cell:801-376-6435
office: 801-492-4023

A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!