[802SEC] Clause 14 Report: Conditional Approval for RevCom, P802.16p and P802.16.1b

to: 802 EC reflector
cc: 802.16 reflector

Dear EC Colleagues:

I am writing to report on the status of P802.16p and P802.16.1b, per the Clause 14 Conditional Approvals (to RevCom) granted on 16 March.

[Note: What was Clause 14 at the time of approval is Clause 13 in the current version of the OM. I miss the good old days when it was called Procedure 10 and didn't renumber the procedures with every revision.]

The following sequence of events applies to both P802.16Rev3 and P802.16.1:

*The first recirc occurred as scheduled (3 May to 5 April).
*A second recirc followed (4-19 June).
*Following the second recirc, the approval ratio is 98%, with two Disapprove votes.
*One of the Disapprove voters submitted additional Disapprove comments in the second recirc.
*The relevant Task Group has determined that a third recirculation is appropriate.
*Our plan is to let the Conditional Approval time out, to initiate the third recirculation during the July Plenary, and to ask again for Conditional Approval there.

Regards,

Roger

Roger B. Marks <roger@consensii.com>
Consensii LLC <http://consensii.com>