Re: [802SEC] Closing minutes posted and meeting website updated

done

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:09 AM
To: Roger Marks
Cc: Jon Rosdahl; STDS-802-SEC SEC
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Closing minutes posted and meeting website updated

All

I have not received any other requests to update the minutes and so I
have produced version 1 of the closing minutes with the three changes
suggested in this email thread.  The updated minutes can be found at:
http://www.ieee802.org/minutes/2012-March/20120316-closing-minutes-v1.pdf

John

Please put approval of the opening minutes
(20120312-opening-minutes-v1.pdf) and the closing minutes
(20120316-closing-minutes-v1.pdf) as consent agenda items for our
opening meeting.

Thanks

James Gilb

On 03/29/2012 08:21 AM, Roger Marks wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Thanks for calling out 3.03. It appears that I spoke to quickly for
> the Recording Secretary. My fault.
>
> James,
>
> I propose to replace that entire paragraph with the following, which
> I believe is fully accurate:
>
> Marks disputed earlier statements that the Chair has no
> responsibilities to sign on behalf of the Sponsor, noting that the OM
> specifies that "When a signature is required on behalf of the
> Sponsor, the Sponsor Chair provides that signature when authorized by
> the Sponsor." Marks also noted that the information displayed on the
> screen and indicated to be from the Chair's Guidelines is not,
> according to his research, contained in the Chair's Guidelines. He
> stated that the current Chair's Guidelines does specify that the
> Meeting Manager has signing authority for agreements, but he believes
> that, since the Chair's Guidelines is an informal document with no
> status with the procedural hierarchy of governing documents, it is
> not the right place to specify signature authority. He proposes
> confirming Rigsbee as Member Emeritus per the P&P, noting, however,
> that "Meeting Manager" is not specified in the P&P or OM.
>
> Roger
>

> On 2012/03/29, at 08:55 AM, Jon Rosdahl wrote:
>
>> Feedback on Minutes: 3.03: I think that there is an error "Marks
>> said that the Chair has no responsibilities to sign on behalf of
>> the Sponsor, it does say that the Chair can sign on behalf of the
>> sponsor."
>>
>> Was the first "Chair" supposed to be "Meeting Manager" or was the
>> second use of "Chair" supposed to be "Exec Secretary"?
>>

>> 9.04 -- add doc number "Workshop Action itmes are listed in 802
>> EC-12/0003r3
>> (https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/12/ec-12-0003-03-00EC-november-2011-ec-workshop-action-items.xls)
>> and summary of outstanding issues located in doc 802 EC-12/0007r3
>> slide
>> 20-23(https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/12/ec-12-0007-03-00EC-executive-secretary-agenda-items-march-2012.ppt)"

9.08 -- replace "No report "

----- Original Message ----- From: "James P. K. Gilb" <gilb@ieee.org>