[802SEC] IEEE 802 Meeting Participation Report and IEEE 802 Balloting - Country Participation

Dear All:

As was discussed at the March 2012 Plenary meeting, two reports have been completed and are being sent to the 802 EC for review:

- IEEE 802 Meeting Participation by Country-November 2011
This report gives shows total participants in the November 2011 meeting, broken down by country.  The report then goes on to break down voting rights by country for each IEEE 802 Working Group.  This information was obtained using the IMAT system.  This report was done to determine countries represented by individual participants.

- IEEE 802 Balloting - Country Participation
Slide 2 shows the Top Ten Countries of non-US 802 balloters as a % of total balloters.
Slide 3 shows the 802 ballots in which non-US participation was 40% or higher for the years 2007-2011.  Please note that if you view the PowerPoint as a slide show, the third slide contains links to the actual data.  The title of the slide for the actual data will link back to Slide 3 (for easier viewing).  All ballots initiated from 2007-2011 are included in the Additional Breakdown - by Year, by Project.
This report was done to possibly determine interest from individuals from various countries in IEEE 802 projects.

These documents have been uploaded to mentor and are available at https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/12/ec-12-0029-01-INTL-ieee-802-meeting-participation-by-country.pdf and https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/12/ec-12-0030-01-INTL-802-balloting-country-participation.zip, respectively.  Please note that the second link is a large file - I have zipped the file in an attempt to reduce the file size.

Upon reviewing the reports, I actually found the IEEE 802 Balloting - Country Participation to be the most interesting.  It shows which IEEE 802 ballots non-US individuals had the most interest in participating by country (see 802.16m as an example).

If you have any questions regarding the two reports, please let me know.  I will be attending the upcoming 802 Plenary meeting in San Diego and will be available to discuss the results then.
Best regards,

Jodi Haasz
Standards Strategist
International Standards Programs
IEEE Standards Activities
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854-4141 USA
Phone +1 732 562 6367
Mobile +1 732 439 9144
FAX +1 732 562 1571
Email: j.haasz@ieee.org
IEEE – Advancing Technology for Humanity