[802SEC] FW: [802SEC] Responses to comments on P802.3bn PAR

Paul,

               I am forwarding this to EC reflector on behalf of Howard and the Study Group.

Steve

From: Howard Frazier [mailto:hfrazier@broadcom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:42 PM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Responses to comments on P802.3bn PAR

The IEEE 802.3 EPoC PHY Study Group considered several different

proposals for the scope statement in the PAR. Some had a

broad scope while others had a very narrow scope. Our attempts to

narrow the scope led to concerns that potentially beneficial options

would be precluded. We settled on the statement contained in the

draft PAR as the best way of defining what the Task Force must do,

while leaving the Task Force enough freedom to define the optimal solution.

We believe that the set of project objectives provides sufficient limits on

the scope of the work to limit the development time of the standard to

the minimum possible.