Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:57 PM
Subject: [802SEC] IEEE 802.18 Documents for Friday's Closing EC Meeting

John,

At this moment IEEE 802.18 has two documents for consideration at the Closing EC Meeting. They are:

1)    18-12-0063-04 ?Draft Contribution to M.1801 Revision? ? the full title of Recommendation ITU-R M.1801 is ?Radio interface standards for broadband wireless access systems, including mobile and nomadic applications, in the mobile service operating below 6 GHz?. It recommends specific standards for broadband wireless access  in the mobile service. IEEE 802.18 is forwarding updates provided by IEEE 802.11.

2)    18-12-0072-01 ?Draft Cover Letter M.1801 Contribution? ? this is the cover letter addressed to the ITU-R and will have the draft revision of Recommendation ITU-R M.1801 embedded in it.

Both of these documents are on the 802.18 Mentor web site.

Since 18-12-0063-04 simply provides a further IEEE 802.11 update to Recommendation ITU-R M.1801, and that particular Recommendation has been previously seen by the EC, I request that it, and the cover letter which is purely administrative in nature, be placed on the Consent Agenda.

It is anticipated that 802.16 will possibly bring 2 additional documents to 802.18?s PM1 meeting. If that happens then information regarding them will be forwarded to you and the EC.

Regards,

Mike

+1.972.814.4901