[802SEC] Fwd: "JCA on Smart Grid & Home Networking. Registrationid: 1040573"

Fellow EC Members-

I have applied to attend the ITU-T JCA on SG & HN meeting in Redwood city on this coming Tuesday.
So far I have only gotten automated replies so it remains to be seen whether they will let me in as the supposed registration cut-off was the Tuesday of our Plenary Week.

If I had looked more carefully at the meeting notice perhaps I wouldn't have volunteered quite so eagerly as the meeting starts at 7:00 AM local time (and according the dial-in sheet only lasts 2 hours).  Fortunately that will be put me on the road before rush hour starts in our area of The Peninsula (I think, I haven't checked at that hour in quite awhile).

At this point I have no presentation material to show.  I only intend to observe, verbally correct any misunderstandings or omissions and report the proceedings to back to you.  I also expect that I will provide information to encourage ongoing interaction.  Since Dr. Gilb is now the Chair of our ECSG on Smart Grid, I expect to designate him as the primary contact going forward.

If any of the members has guidance beyond the above or material that they think should be presented then please let me know ASAP.  I'll consider US East Coast CoB Monday as the cutoff to make reasonably sure everything takes place in front of the group.

Best regards,

Geoff Thompson

Geoffrey O. Thompson
IEEE 802 Executive Committee