Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Formation of IC Higher Speed Ethernet Consensus Group and IEEE 802.3 Bandwidth Assessment report press release
On Aug 2, 2012 6:35 PM, "Law, David"
Bob Heile, Ph.D
- Dear EC members,
- As I informed you on the 27th July the IEEE-SA has prepared a press
release to announce the formation of an Industry Connections Higher Speed
Ethernet Consensus Group as well the approval of the IEEE 802.3 Bandwidth
Assessment report. The IEEE 802.3 Bandwidth Assessment report was
approved by the IEEE 802.3 Working Group at its closing plenary, approval
of the Industry Connections (IC) Higher Speed Ethernet Consensus Group is
currently in IEEE-SA Standards Board email ballot.
- In response to that email I received a number of comments I have
attached an updated draft (IEEE_802d3_BWA_D1p6.pdf) as well as a diff
(IEEE_802d3_BWA_D1p6_diff.pdf) to the version I circulated for comment.
My thanks to all that provided comments and I hope I implemented the
suggested changes satisfactorily.
- I would now like to proceed to the motion in respect to this release
and Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot to
- Best regards,
- Â David
- The EC supports the Publication of 'Formation of IC Higher Speed
Ethernet Consensus Group and IEEE 802.3 Bandwidth Assessment report'
(IEEE_802d3_BWA_D1p6.pdf), with editorial license granted to the Chair
(or his appointed agent), release conditional upon approval of the
Industry Connections (IC) Higher Speed Ethernet Consensus Group by the
IEEE-SA Standards Board.
- Move: Â David Law
- Second: John D'Ambrosia
- Start of ballot: Friday 3rd August 2012
- Close of ballot: Sunday 12th August, 2012 11:59PM AOE
- Early close: As required in subclause 220.127.116.11 'Electronic Balloting'
of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations
Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a
timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are
received to clearly decide a matter.
- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.
Â This list is maintained by Listserv.
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
North Attleboro, MA 02763 USA
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.