|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
Dear EC members,
I am pleased to report that 802.11ad (Very High Throughput – 60GHz) has met the Clause 13 the LMSC Operations Manual conditions required to proceed to RevCom.
The 802.11ad project was granted conditional approval to move to RevCom by LMSC during the July 2012 Plenary meeting .
a) Recirculation ballot is completed.
· Condition met: Recirculation ballot was completed on August 12. The Ballot occurred, in accordance with the schedule presented to the EC in document 11-12-0885r2..
b) After resolution of the recirculation ballot is completed, the approval percentage is at least 75% and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.
· Condition met: The approval percentage is 98.3%.
– There are no new DISAPPROVE votes.
c) No technical changes, as determined by the WG Chair, were made as a result of the recirculation ballot.
· Condition met: P802.11ad Draft 9.0 as circulated for ballot does not require any further changes.
d) No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE voters.
– · Condition met: No new DISAPPROVE comments were received.
During the last recirculation, 4 comments were received from an approve voter.
e) If the WG Chair determines that there is a new invalid DISAPPROVE comment or vote, the WG Chair shall promptly provide details to the Sponsor.
• Answer: There are no new DISAPPROVE votes
· The comments from the final sponsor ballot and their dispositions are contained in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/12/11-12-1006-02-00ad-sb006-comment-database.xlsx
f) The WG Chair shall immediately report the results of the ballot to the Sponsor including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid), the WG responses and the rationale for ruling any vote invalid.
• The ballot closed on 2012-08-12 at 23:59 ET and the Comment Resolution Committee met on 2012-08-16.
• The vote tally: For: 176, against: 3, abstain: 11. 88.8% return., 98.73% affirmative.
• No Disapprove votes have been ruled invalid.
• The unsatisfied comments associated with remaining disapproves are included in slides 7 of the full report:
We will prepare the RevCom submission package for P802.11ad with the expectation that it will be reviewed during the RevCom October 9th early consideration teleconference.
Publication is expected to occur in December 2012.