While I it seems more tactful not to mention dollar amounts, the lack of any quantification invites potential responses which will not meet our needs (potentially by a long shot) since responders will have no idea of what a reasonable registration fee is and how much it takes to get there.  We have enough experience with the added cost of EU and Asian venues to know how much support we need so I would not advocate eliminating the quantification. I think it will better target the kind of respondents we want.

Regards

Bob

  At 02:03 PM 9/12/2012 -0600, Jon Rosdahl wrote:
Thanks Roger,
   Attached we (Buzz and I)  have accepted most of your suggestions,
but I believe that we will have better opportunities if we allow our sponsor to have co-located events (same city, possibly same hotel) that they could inform our membership of on an information table (limited advertising if you will).
Does the attached get us closer to acceptable?
Jon
----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Marks
To: Jon Rosdahl
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:25 PM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] 802 Plenary Sponsor Invitation letter - -Comments requested

Thanks, Jon. Here is my suggestion.

Roger

Roger B. Marks <roger@consensii.com>
Consensii LLC <http://consensii.com>

Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>

On 2012/09/11, at 05:01 PM, Jon Rosdahl wrote:

Hello all,
When we concluded our meeting in July, we left with the idea that the 802 EC had wanted to give more feedback on the attached Invitation letter.

I would ask for your input.

If you would please let me know your feedback, I would like to start the Letter ballot such that it could conclude on Oct 8th...I would need to start the letter ballot on Sept 28th.  So if I can have all your feedback by Sept 27th, I will send the updated file out for your final approval, and we can discuss the results of the letter ballot on our Oct 9th Call. (AOB section).

Thank you for your feedback.
Regards,
Jon
Exec Sec

Jon Rosdahl                          10871 North 5750 West
hm:801-756-1496                   Highland, UT 84003
cell:801-376-6435
office: 801-492-4023

A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!

---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv. <802-PlenarySessionSponsorInvitation-02.pdf><802-PlenarySessionSponsorInvitation-02.doc>

Thanks, Jon. Here is my suggestion.

Roger

Roger B. Marks <roger@consensii.com>
Consensii LLC <http://consensii.com>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>

On 2012/09/11, at 05:01 PM, Jon Rosdahl wrote:

> Hello all,
> When we concluded our meeting in July, we left with the idea that the 802 EC had wanted to give more feedback on the attached Invitation letter.

> I would ask for your input.

> If you would please let me know your feedback, I would like to start the Letter ballot such that it could conclude on Oct 8th...I would need to start the letter ballot on Sept 28th.  So if I can have all your feedback by Sept 27th, I will send the updated file out for your final approval, and we can discuss the results of the letter ballot on our Oct 9th Call. (AOB section).

> Thank you for your feedback.
> Regards,
> Jon
> Exec Sec

> Jon Rosdahl                          10871 North 5750 West
> hm:801-756-1496                   Highland, UT 84003
> cell:801-376-6435
> office: 801-492-4023

> A Job is only necessary to eat!
> A Family is necessary to be happy!!
> ---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv. <802-PlenarySessionSponsorInvitation-02.pdf><802-PlenarySessionSponsorInvitation-02.doc>

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832