From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Kraemer
Sent: 20 September 2012 05:56
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] ETSI MOU - Feedback

Paul,
802.11 has certainly been using the MoU with ETSI to exchange information and we expect to continue doing so. It appears that 802.11 should start the review/commitment discussion in Indian Wells this week during the closing plenary. There has been no prior activity in 802.11 to identify refinements to the MoU.

If the EC motion ensures that each identified WG has looked over the MoU and agreed to support it then that’s a good idea. But, it would also be logical that, as a precursor,  each WG should conduct its own vote on the matter and report results to the EC.

Bruce