From: James Gilb [mailto:jpgilb@gmail.com] On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:32 PM
To: Pat Thaler
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Proposed press release for formation of 802.24

Pat

For internal documents, we have the same process as any other group to
approve a document.  For public communications, we have the standard 802
process (e.g., what is done by 802.18 in .).

Nov. 2012 may be optimistic, but we have already completed one document
(a SIF for 802.15.4g) and I expect that we will get updates for 802.16
and perhaps 802.11 by November as well.

I will get the hyperlinks updated.

Tony, what do you want for the name of 802.1?  I got the name from
http://www.ieee802.org/dots.shtml, which doesn't agree with
http://www.ieee802.org/wgchairs.shtml.  I think it was the previous
Recording Secretary that messed that up.

I will change "SG" to "Smart Grid"

James Gilb