[802SEC] Summary of RAC proposal on OUI Tiers

Folks,

I would like to request a short slot of agenda time at the Monday EC meeting to summarize the current proposal for re-organizing the OUI tier structure.  The OUI registries are used to create MAC (EUI-48) addresses. This proposal will change the products that are sold by the IEEE RA and will hopefully not have any impact on our standards.  But I want to ensure that everyone is aware so that we ensure that.

I can be available to present this to 802 WGs if desired.

Note that the RAC will meet on Thursday evening in San Antonio to discuss this topic (amongst others).

Cheers,
Glenn.