Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:33 PM
Subject: Response to Comments on 802.11ak PAR and pointers to the proposed final PAR and 5C

EC Members:
GLK has reviewed the comment from Paul and made a modification to the PAR
Here is the response to Paul's Comment.

?Comments from Paul Nikolich, Chair of 802:

?I have the following comment on the Amendment: Enhancements For Transit Links Within Bridged Networks draft PAR.
?In section 5.5 Need for Project, some of the language is ambiguous and difficult to parse, specifically "These developments raise a demand for bridging of IEEE 802.11 media to the same level as other media can be bridged: as media internal to the network as well as media offering access to the network.?
?For example, what does "bridging of 802.11 media to the same level as other media" mean?  Is there a particular function or parameter that is implied whose "same level" is the target of that sentence?
of Section 5.5 of its draft PAR. (There were no comments on or changes to the 5C.)
The revised PAR (1207r1)
OLD
"These developments raise a demand for bridging of IEEE 802.11 media
to the same level as other media can be bridged: as media internal to
the network as well as media offering access to the network."

NEW
"These developments raise a demand for the bridging of IEEE 802.11
media with the same bridging services as other media: as media
internal to the network as well as media offering access to the
network."

The Current PAR and 5C documents for consideration on Friday are located here:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/12/11-12-1207-01-0glk-802-11-glk-draft-par.docx

802.11 will request approval to send to NesCom on Friday.

Regards,
Jon
802.11 First Vice-Chair

Jon Rosdahl                          10871 North 5750 West
hm:801-756-1496                   Highland, UT 84003
cell:801-376-6435
office: 801-492-4023

A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!