Re: [802SEC] IEEE 802.22.1 Advanced Beacon PAR Approval Press Release

Apurva,

Thanks for the opportunity to review this prior to the ballot.

Based upon the first version our 802.11 members suggested a modification of one paragraph

However, advanced beaconing approaches, such as the one developed in IEEE 802.22.1-2010 originally designed for interference protection of licensed wireless  microphones might be used for these bands. Such an advanced beacon could be transmitted by the primary users of these bands to enable real and semi-real time  spectrum sharing and make 100 MHz of spectrum (3550 MHz – 3650 MHz) available nationwide, and especially in the significantly populated coastal areas. Such a beaconing approach could allow spectrum sharing operation dynamically.,

However, you distributed a second version (also marked version 12) that included  changes beyond those suggested by Geoff and addressing the paragraph I mentioned.

The net of this dialog is that  the second version looks OK. No further comments.

Bruce