[802SEC] 2013 IEEE Computer Society Hans Karlsson Award to Brian Kiernan

Dear EC,

I want to congratulate Brian Kiernan, 2013 recipient of the IEEE Computer Society Hans Karlsson Award.

The award is presented "in recognition of outstanding skills and dedication to diplomacy, team facilitation and joint achievement, in the development or promotion of standards in the computer industry where individual aspirations, corporate competition, and organizational rivalry could otherwise be counter to the benefit of society." Brian's contributions to IEEE 802 exemplify those ideals.

Congratulations, Brian!

Roger

Begin forwarded message:

Dear IEEE 802.16 Friends,

I'm delighted to inform you that Brian Kiernan has been named the winner of the 2013 Hans Karlsson Award by the IEEE Computer Society! Congratulations, Brian!

The award was granted "for extraordinary skill and dedication in chairing the complex task groups that developed the IEEE 802.16a, 802.16e, and 802.16m WirelessMAN standards, including the world's first 4G broadband standard."

Brian's award nomination was supported by an extraordinary number of enthusiastic endorsements by a range of colleagues. I know of no better role model for collaborative development.

Brian will be receiving the award from the Computer Society during June. I'm also looking for a venue for a second celebration in conjunction with an IEEE 802 session. I'll keep you informed.

Here's a toast to our great friend Brian. Congratulations!

Cheers!

Roger

Roger B. Marks <roger@consensii.com>
Consensii LLC <http://consensii.com>