From: Michael Lynch [mailto:MJLynch@mjlallc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:04 AM
To: James P. K. Gilb; Roger Marks
Cc: EC List (STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG); John_DAmbrosia@dell.com; jrosdahl@ieee.org Rosdahl; p.nikolich@ieee.org Nikolich; Pat Thaler; clint.chaplin@gmail.com Chaplin; Tony Jeffree; David_Law@ieee.org Law; bkraemer@ieee.org <bkraemer@ieee.org> Kraemer; Bob Heile; subirdas21@gmail.com Subir; "Buzz paul.nikolich@ATT.NET" <""apurva.mody"@baesystems.com SSA) Mody,freqmgr@ieee.org Lynch <freqmgr@ieee.org>,shellhammer@ieee.org J Shellhammer <shellhammer@ieee.org>,Riegel Maximilian <maximilian.riegel@nsn.com>,Thompson Geoffrey <thompson@ieee.org>,Everett O. Rigsbee <BRigsBieee@comcast.net>,Radhakrishna Canchi <Radhakrishna.Canchi@kyocera.com>,John Lemon <jlemon@ieee.org>,Paul Nikolich " ">
Subject: RE: +++ 10 Day EC Ballot - Reply Comments to the FCC's Incentive Auction Proposal - Docket No. 12-268 +++

James,

Another item that doesn't seem to fit our filings with the FCC or any other regulatory body: they are not position statements or papers and should not have a five year life cycle.

"All IEEE 802 LMSC communications to government bodies shall be issued by the IEEE
802 LMSC Chair as the view of IEEE 802 LMSC (stated in the first paragraph of the
statement). Such communications shall be copied to the Sponsor and the IEEE-SA
Standards Board Secretary and shall be posted on the IEEE 802 LMSC web site. The
IEEE 802 LMSC web site shall state that all such position statements shall expire five
years after issue."

For example what we filed after the January meeting may not be the view of the wireless groups by the time they meet in September. So to have them considered as IEEE 802 position statements or papers doesn't fit their intended purpose. Our views can and sometimes do change in less than a year rather than the five years referenced in the OM.

Regards,

Mike