[802SEC] Draft press release for review - ETS award to IEEE 802.3 Working Group

Dear EC members,

I've been informed <http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/mar13/incoming/ETS_IEEE802.3_40_anniversary.pdf> that as part of their celebration of Ethernet's 40th Anniversary, the Ethernet Technology Summit plan to honour the IEEE 802.3 Working Group and all its members for their on-going efforts in developing the many standards that have made Ethernet so successful. As I will not be in the US at that time I have asked Wael Diab as IEEE 802.3 Vice-chair to accept the award on behalf of the IEEE 802.3 Working Group and he has agreed to do so.

Based on this, in consultation with the IEEE-SA PR agency, the attached press release has been developed to announce the award, and I intend to seek IEEE 802 EC approval for the press release at the closing IEEE 802 EC meeting on Friday 22nd March. In preparation for the vote, I would like to request comments on the attached draft.

Thanks and best regards,
  David