[802SEC] 802.11 motions for the Friday EC

Dear EC,

802.11 has two motions for the Friday EC.

First  is a conditional request to transition 802.11ac into Sponsor ballot.

The sponsor ballot pool formation closed March 15 with 211 members.

From our voter pool of 300 we currently have 96% approval. Of the 2888 comments received during WG balloting 15 remain unsatisfied.

A final WG letter ballot with an unchanged draft is underway.

Second, we wish to start a study group called “High Efficiency WLAN”

         Broadly, the goal of this study group is to enhance 802.11 in 2.4 and 5GHz with a focus on:

        Improving spectrum efficiency and area-throughputs.

        Improving performance in indoor, outdoor and dense heterogeneous networks, including minimum per-user throughput.

The motions and additional details can be found at:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/13/11-13-0216-00-0000-march-2013-ec-motions-from-802-11.pptx

Regards,

Bruce