From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Christina Boyce
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:07 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Interpretation of reciprocal credit "rule"

From:  <c.sahr@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Subject: Change in Attendance Tool Direction
To:
tony@jeffree.co.ukadam.healey@lsi.comwael.diab@gmail.com,
Adrian.P.Stephens@intel.comalfvin@ieee.orgpetermurr@mac.com,
shellhammer@ieee.orgmklerer@qualcomm.comvivek.g.gupta@intel.com,
gerald.chouinard@crc.ca
Cc:
paul.nikolich@att.netgilb@ieee.org,
wpiencia@thunderdome.ieee.orgr.labelle@ieee.orgM.Kipness@ieee.org,
K.Cush@ieee.orgmoeller@bivio.biztom@azgaard.com

All Attendance Tool Managers:

During the last few wireless meetings, it has come to my attention that the
Attendance Tool is being used by the Working Groups differently.  I
understand that this has occurred because the tool does not
- provide a mechanism to calculate Letter Ballot results which is required
to calculate voting rights within your group and
- provide a method to integrate with the meeting registration system which
provides accurate voting rights on the meeting badges.
- accurately calculate voting rights within certain a working groups

With this in mind, I have met with the Attendance Tool developers, IEEE-SA
Management, and 802 Executives (Paul Nikolich and James Gilb) to discuss
options on how to move forward with the development of the Attendance Tool.
Our goal is to ensure it fits the needs of the 802 Working Groups as well
as other
IEEE-SA Standards Development groups, and to simplify the tool processes.

Here is how we are going to proceed:

* The Attendance Tool will continue to be developed as a meeting attendance
tracking tool.  We will not be using it to calculate WG voting rights or
working group membership.
Many of you already have a tool that calculates the voting rights based on
the letter ballot results and there is no need to reinvent what you already
have.

* myProject will be enhanced so you can upload your WG voting rights
directly into myProject.  So once you have your calculated voting rights,
you will upload them into myProject.
Since myProject is the primary source of user and project data, we want to
continue to keep the data in myProject.  Looking down the road, this will
afford us to the possibility of creating a letter ballot system if needed.
The Attendance Tool will then use the voting right from myProject as the
source data.

* We will create a user account in myProject for the meeting planner to
access up to date voting rights data for badge printing.

When the effort is complete, the process flow will look like this:
1) Prior to the meeting start: Enter meetings in Attendance Tool Manager
2) During the meeting: Attendees log their meeting attendance
3) After the meeting: Chair will (bulk) download the attendance data form
the manager tool and calculate voting rights using letter ballot or other
algorithm
4) After the meeting: Chair will go into myProject and (bulk) upload the up
to date voting rights for his working group.
As you can see, steps one and two do not change, and for most chairs, step
3
does not change either.

We are hoping to make these changes in the next 30 days.  I will keep you
up to date on the progress of this effort.

Christina Sahr
Technical Project Manager, IEEE Standards
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08855
c.sahr@ieee.org
Phone
 732-562-5540
IEEE..  . Fostering technological innovation and excellence for the benefit
of humanity.