I think you attached the wrong document to the IEEE 802 EC email message. Please resend with the correct document.
cc: IEEE 802 EC
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 7:59 AM
Subject: MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT IEEE 802 Plenary Session – July 14-19, 2013 Geneva, Switzerland
<<<Chairs please forward to your respective groups>>>>
MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT IEEE 802 Plenary Session – July 14-19, 2013 Geneva, Switzerland
April 12, 2013
The July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session will take place July 14-19, 2013 in Geneva, Switzerland at:
International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Place des Nations, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
The following IEEE-802 Working Groups will be participating: 802.1, 802.3, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.18, 802.19, 802.21, 802.22, 802.24 and OmniRAN EC Study Group.
Registration ( http://802world.org/plenary ) is available now.
Registration Fees and Deadline Dates:
Early Registration: $500 US for all attendees (no group hotel stay required)
Before 6pm Pacific Time, Friday, May 24, 2013 (UTC Time: 1am Saturday, May 25, 2013)
Standard Registration: $600 US for all attendees (no group hotel stay required)
After Early Registration and before 6pm Pacific Time, Friday June 28, 2013 (UTC Time: 1am Saturday, June 29, 2013)
Late Registration/On-site: $800 US for all attendees (no group hotel stay required)
After 6pm Pacific Time, Friday June 28, 2013 (UTC Time: 1am Saturday, June 29, 2013)
PLEASE NOTE: The IEEE 802 July 2013 Plenary Registration Fee is not discounted for attendees staying at any specific hotels and does not include food and beverage service.
Student: Before 6pm Geneva Time, Thursday, July 18, 2013
- $150 US for Full-Time Students (college students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
- The Student meeting fee is available to full-time college students at the bachelor or postgraduate level. The Student meeting fee is available only one time per person. The person using the Student meeting fee will not be able to use meeting attendance to gain or maintain voting rights. A valid current student ID must be shown when picking up the meeting badge.
University Outreach: Before 9am Geneva Time, Tuesday, July 16, 2013
• $25 US for Full-Time Students/Faculty (students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
- After registering for this session on the IEEE 802 registration website, your name and contact information will be sent to the ITU.
- The ITU will send a confirmation of registration letter within 14 days to your registration email address. You MUST bring this letter to the session, along with appropriate photo ID to pick up your ITU security badge. A sample of the letter you will receive is shown here:
ITU Registration Confirmation Letter
3.If you are a citizen of a country that requires a visa to travel to Switzerland, you will need to provide ITU with information to generate a visa request letter. The entire visa request process is described here: http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/info/Pages/visas.aspx
Registration is available through a secure website and requires a valid credit card for the payment of the registration fee. Checks are NOT accepted for web-registration.
- Any individual who attends any part of a meeting that is a scheduled part of an 802 Plenary Session must register for the full session and pay the current registration fee.
- Session registrations are not transferable to another individual or to another plenary session.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
• In order to obtain a refund of all or part of the Registration Fee paid you must request cancellation of your registration before the final cancellation deadline by submitting an online request at http://802world.org/plenary or by an email request: firstname.lastname@example.org
|EARLY - FULL REFUND||6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, May 24, 2013|
|LATE – CANCELLATION FEE $100 US||6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, June 28, 2013|
|NO REFUNDS AFTER||6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, June 28, 2013|
ITU Security Name Badge Requirements:
- All Registered Attendees will be required to obtain an ITU Security Name Badge. In the days leading up to the July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session each participant will receive a letter of confirmation of registration via email from ITU (may take up to 14 days). This letter will contain important information about how and where to obtain your security name badge for the event. Do not misplace this letter; it and your passport will be required to obtain your badge onsite in Geneva.
- Please see the ITU Registration Confirmation SAMPLE LETTER for more information.
IEEE will not issue VISA Letters for the July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session. Please review the enclosed ITU information for more details. The visa must be requested at least four (4) weeksbefore the date of beginning of the meeting and obtained from the office (embassy or consulate) representing Switzerland in your country or, if there is no such office in your country, from the one that is closest to the country of departure.
If problems are encountered, the Union can, at the official request of the administration or entity you represent, approach the competent Swiss authorities in order to facilitate delivery of the visa but only within the period mentioned of four weeks.
For any such request, a covering letter (with letterhead, address and the sender’s title and legible signature) stamped and signed by the person responsible for the delegate’s entity must be sent to TSB by fax (+41 22 730 5853) or e-mail ( email@example.com ) bearing the words “visa request”. A model of such a letter can be at: http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/info/Pages/visas.aspx
It must specify the following information of the applicant(s) for whom the visa(s) is (are) required: full name and functions; place and date of birth; passport number: place and date of issue, and expiry date; the title and dates of the meeting in question and must be accompanied by a very clear and legiblecopy of the passport and a copy of the notification of confirmation of registration approved for the ITU-T meeting in question.
Please contact the IEEE 802 Meeting Planners should you require additional information or assistance with registration services for the July 2013 IEEE 802 Plenary Session.
IEEE 802 Plenary Session Special Group Hotel Rates:
IEEE 802 has made a special arrangement with Manotel Group’s 6 business class hotels in downtown Geneva to provide rooms with special rates for IEEE 802 Plenary Session attendees. Each Manotel hotel provides guaranteed reservations via major credit card on a special IEEE-802 webpage with NO-penalty for reservation cancellation requests received more than 7-days (≥168 hours) in advance of arrival date & time, free guestroom internet, business traveler amenities, and optional breakfast and restaurant services. They are all 4 and 3-star properties, and each has its own unique style that allows for a variety of guest preferences. We recommend that you visit our website to see the different features, prices, and their convenient locations to make your selection, and then book online as soon as possible to ensure you get your preference. The number of rooms available is limited so please book early. All of the Manotel hotels have highest customer ratings for comfort, convenience, and service. They are a very safe choice for those not familiar with Geneva. Please use the following Link to reach the IEEE 802 reservation site and book your Manotel reservation:
PLEASE NOTE: The IEEE 802 July 2013 Plenary Registration Fee is not discounted for attendees staying at any specific hotels. Please be sure to book your travel plans at your earliest opportunity to ensure you receive the best prices and options for your trip.
ITU Hotel Reservations:
ITU maintains a list of hotels and residences of varied categories in or near Geneva that offer special rates to delegates attending conferences or meetings at the ITU. The list requires use of a standard booking form . A PDF copy of the full hotel list is available at: http://www.itu.int/travel/hotels.pdf .
Follow the procedure below to make a reservation for a hotel room with the ITU special terms:
- Delegates must reserve a room directly (i.e. not through an intermediary such as a travel agency, airline, etc.) with their chosen hotel from the list by phone, fax, or email.
- They must confirm the booking by mailing or faxing this standard booking confirmation form , which must provide valid credit card information to secure the hotel room guarantee.
- Bookings that are not guaranteed by a credit card will be held only until 18.00 hours.
- When checking in, delegates may be required to provide evidence that they are attending an ITU meeting or conference (i.e. show badge or invitation letter).
Please note the following basic information below. A more complete document outlining some practical information is available on the Plenary Session at:http://802world.org/plenary .
- Language is French and the Currency is the Swiss Franc
- Geneva airport (GVA) is 3 miles north of the city of Geneva and Geneva city centre is only 6 minutes by train (every 15 minutes). A taxi to Geneva city centre will cost approximately 35.00 CHF.
- Electrical power is 230 VAC, 50 Hz, using the Type C Europlug . The Swiss SEV 1011 has a diamond-shaped recessed entry. Some Type C Europlug adapters are too large to fit into this receptacle. Make sure your adapter is designed to work with both receptacles.
- Visitors to Geneva receive a free Geneva Transport Card from their hotel at check-in. This card provides unlimited use of the entire public-transportation network.
IEEE 802 Meeting Planners Contact Info:Face to Face Events Inc., 2699 Iversen Court, Santa Clara, CA 95051 USA Phone: +1 (408) 241-8906 Fax: +1 (408) 241-8918 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv. <802-0713-ITU-HQ-WG-MeetingRoomSpecs-EC-Draft-V1-011.pdf>