Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot: Motion to Suspend the Rules regarding advance notice for an EC meeting+++ Ballot Fails

Paul,

Since I am relatively certain that I will not be in Genève on that date presenting IEEE 802’s current contribution for ITU-R WP5A I can say yes, I will be able to attend the call regardless of the time of day.

Please pardon my use of your meeting announcement but my response to it seemed a good way to get this message out to all of those concerned with this particular contribution to WP5A.

The current contribution for the May meeting of ITU-R WP5A is 18-13-0038-03 and titled “INFORMATION REGARDING IEEE 802-BASED RLAN SYSTEMS” and deals with 5 GHz issues and the “Technical and Operational Characteristics/ Revision of Recommendation ITU-R M.1450-4”.

This contribution, which has been approved by IEEE 802.18 and the EC, will be “cleaned up” by the IEEE SA liaison to ITU-R and submitted NLT 16:00 UTC on May 13th. The contribution presents a view of the new FCC proposed rules for portions of the 5 GHz frequency band. Additionally it explains why the use of those proposed portions of the 5 GHz frequency band could be easily implemented.

In this contribution the proposal to WP5A says “IEEE 802 provides this information on IEEE 802 based RLAN systems for consideration by ITU-R Working Party 5A during the development of any response to JTG 4-5-6-7 regarding further decides 4 of the CPM15-1 decision on the establishment and terms of reference of Joint Task Group  4-5-6-7.”

Note that my non-participation at the meeting is purely lack of funding for that meeting and topic. If some participants in the development of that document feel that there is a need for representation at WP5A they should contact me. As the IEEE SA Designated Focal Point I will be happy to register a qualified person (meaning someone experienced in ITU-R) to attend this meeting and present the contribution.

Best regards,

Mike