From: Richard Kennedy <rikennedy@blackberry.com>
Date: Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:45 AM
To: Michael Lynch <MJLynch@mjlallc.com>, John H Notor <gnu@notor.com>
Cc: Peter Ecclesine <pecclesi@cisco.com>
Subject: As if we didn't have enough to do...

Mike, John:

Ofcom has published a new consultation this morning that we will have to respond to in Waikoloa:

Closing Date for Responses: 19 June 2013

Here is the FYI I gave the 802.11 Regulatory SC this morning:

          Ofcom today released a consultation entitled “Licence Exempt spectrum use in the 2400 MHz band”

          In an effort to open the 2300 MHz band for Ministry of Defence new civil uses

          Consultation

        http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/2400-mhz/summary

        http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/2400-mhz/summary/2400-mhz-cfi.pdf

          Audit of the 2400 MHz spectrum

        http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/2400-mhz/annexes/audit.pdf

          Market study

        http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/2400-mhz/annexes/market-study.pdf

As this is the 2400 MHz band, it affects multiple 802 working groups.

Thanks.

Rich Kennedy

Standards Manager

cid:image001.gif@01CDE9CE.D8280A90

mobile: +1 (972) 207-3554

office: +1 (972) 910-3448

rikennedy@BlackBerry.com

IEEE 802.11 TGaf Chair

IEEE 802.11 to 802.18 Liaison

IEEE 802.11 Regulatory Standing Committee Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory Task Group Chair

" If you're going through hell, keep going." and "Never, never, never give up." - Winston Churchill