[802SEC] +++Request to conduct 10 Day EC Ballot+++Request Number 1

Dear Paul,

During the May wireless interim meeting in Waikoloa 802.18 completed work on three documents, all of which will require a 10 day EC email ballot. Two of the documents need to be balloted immediately while the third can be done after these first two. This email is to ask permission to begin the 10 day EC email ballot on the first document, “Draft 802 Comments to FCC U-NII Band NPRM FCC 13-49”.

This document deals with the FCC’s current NPRM (13-49) regarding changes to the 5 GHz U-NII frequency band. As you are aware this particular frequency band is of significant importance to IEEE 802’s technologies. The various impacted WGs came together and worked to develop what is now document 18-13-0064-07. (Note that the document that was voted on approved by 802.18 with a vote count of 7/0/0 was 18-13-0064-06. The chair had to make some edits and format changes hence it is now 18-13-0064-07.)

I am asking your permission to conduct a ten day EC ballot to approve these comments. The motion for the EC would be:

“Dear EC,

During the May wireless interim meeting in Waikoloa 802.18 completed work on three documents, all of which will require a 10 day EC email ballot. The first two of the documents need to be balloted immediately while the third can be done after these first two. This email is to ask permission to begin the 10 day EC email ballot on the first document, “18-13-0064-07 - Draft 802 Comments to FCC U-NII Band NPRM FCC 13-49”. This document was approved by a vote of 7/0/0.

Please note that the document as approved by 802.18 was numbered 18-13-0064-06. However the chair made some necessary edits and formatting changes so the document now is 18-13-0064-07. The approval motion allows the chair to make necessary editorial and formatting changes.

I have asked Paul to allow me to conduct a ten day EC email ballot to approve submitting the reply comments (Doc. 18-13-0064-07) to the FCC.

Paul’s response to my request is:

“I will authorize a 10 day EC email ballot, to be conducted by Mike Lynch, for the following motion.”

Motion:

“To approve, under OM Subclause 8.2, document 18-13-0064-07 subject to the early close provision of OM Subclause 4.1.2.."

Moved: Mike Lynch

Seconded: Bruce Kraemer

Link to the document:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/13/18-13-0064-07-0000-draft-802-comments-to-fcc-u-nii-band-nprm-fcc-13-49.docx

Comments are to be submitted to the FCC by May 28, 2013.

The ballot will start May 18th and end on March 28th, 2013.

Once approved this document will be filed with the FCC by the IEEE 802 Chair.

Regards and aloha,

Mike

+1.972.814.4901