From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Bob Heile
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 8:15 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] IEEE 802 Plenary Session Sponsors

All-

Per the action item on the last EC call, this is what I have in mind for sponsorships

If we want to reduce the deficit on the upcoming Beijing meeting and similarly at other non US, non NA events, other than raising the registration fee, we will need to seek sponsorships.  The sponsor's only duty is to contribute funds that can be used to offset session expenses.
They have no role in the business of running the session.  In exchange we acknowledge the sponsor(s) by including their logo and a thank-you on the web registration area, on banners and signs at the session as appropriate, and on the badge (assuming there is space in the case of multiple sponsors).

If we are in the (unlikely) fortunate position of running a surplus as a result of received sponsorships, I would suggest we return that surplus to the sponsors on a weighted basis proportional to their contributions, though this is something we can decide on later.

Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any ideas or suggestions for sponsors for Beijing, please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman Emeritus & Chief Technologist, ZigBee Alliance Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832