From: Michael Lynch <MJLynch@mjlallc.com>
Date: Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:40 AM
To: 802_EC <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: [802SEC] FW: Proposed revision to working document on smart grid in WP1A

Dear EC,

Please find attached the output of the recent WP1A meeting dealing with Question ITU-R 236/1, on Smart Grid management. It is Annex 1 to the WP1A chair’s report.

The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) has asked that the frequencies listed in Section 6 be reviewed by Administrations regarding their availability for use in Smart Grid management (generally license exempt). They are not opposing the use of those frequency bands but want Administrations to verify their availability. However, this could stir up interest (and opposition) from some in WP5D (IMT) and WP5A (Land mobile except for IMT).

This is the same document that we should work from in providing further revisions including Ethernet. I expect that the next WP1A meeting (2014) will take this document from a Preliminary Draft New Report (or Recommendation) to a Draft New Report (or Recommendation) to be sent to the 2015 meeting of SG1.

There was discussion in the WP1A plenary to “make this information” available to the next WRC. I expect more on that at the next WP1A plenary session proposed for 3 - 11 June 2014, planned to be held at the ITU HQ, Gen�. Our next contribution will have to be submitted NLT 16:00 Gen� time on 27 May 2014.

This document has been loaded to 802.18’s Mentor web site as 18-13-0084.

Glad to discuss.

Best regards,

Mike

+1.972.814.4901