From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Kraemer
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:54 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] + EC Ballot regarding 802.11 HEW Study group press release + #1 of 3

Dear EC members,

IEEE 802.11 HEW Study Group (High Efficiency Wireless LAN) is a new study group attempting to define requirements for a next-generation version of 802.11 that addresses evolving requirements (including for example, cellular off-load and very dense deployment scenarios in stadiums) that are emerging due to significant/successful 802.11 enabled device use.

Beginning with the 802.11 Working Group,  SA PR Staff and EC commentary we developed a draft press release announcing the 802.11  HEW study  group activity . The latest version of the press release is attached.

I'm now seeking EC approval to publish the press release.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the 10 day EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. I am announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Best regards,
Bruce Kraemer

Motion for 10 day ballot:
Start of ballot: Tuesday 25th June 2013
Close of ballot: Friday 5th July 2013   11:59PM AOE

The EC supports the IEEE P802.11HEW study group press release with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

Move:   Bruce Kraemer
Second: Jon Rosdahl

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting Rules' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual (v11 approved 16 Nov 2012) , this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.