Re: [802SEC] 802.15.4 Revision PAR

Jon

Please see my comments in red below.

Regards

Bob

At 10:54 PM 7/16/2013 -0600, Jon Rosdahl wrote:
Hi Bob,
   I reviewed the Revision PAR, and have the following comments for
802.15 to consider.
1. When in the scope or in the purpose that it says "low-data-rate
wireless connectivity" or "various license-free bands", I have
typically seen the request from NesCom conventions to include some
range or qualifier that goes with it.

We had a long list of covered bands as you can see from the change bar sections.  That list practically doubles with the added amendments and will continue to grow. The result would have been long and confusing (what band goes with what capability).  For those reasons we removed it.  I would rather spend the time with NesCom explaining why this is better approach.

2. in the Title we have removed the qualifier, and now we have the
same issue that the Power societies have when they ask for
titles/scope/Purpose with low voltage, they are then asked to qualify
what the range is or include more descriptive adjectives to provide a
better understanding of what is being described.

What was removed was "personal area" since it is misleading and does not represent the domain of the standard. 15.4g is a  neighborhood area PHY for example and many of the other PHYs have ranges and uses well beyond the personal area.  The common attributes is low rate (relative to LANs) and wireless.  We feel this title (in addition to being short and sweet) better reflects the content of the standard and its amendments.

3.for the Stakeholders list, I would suggest that you drop "The
stakeholders include, but are not limited to" from the response. OK

Regards,
Jon