[802SEC] Nov 40th Anniversary Update

All,

Following up on my action items from July

1.       Metcalfe video

The IEEE-SA will be providing funding up to $5k, as this is part of the 40th celebration.  We are currently working through what we can get for that, but general plan we are getting quoted is recording of Metcalfe speech, plus up to three 2 min shorter video highlight clips.  I am concerned about lighting and making sure we get quality recording.

2.       Agenda (Order subject to debate J)

Welcome – John D

Video Montage – 2 min of key sound bytes from Ethernet 40th Video

802 Perspective – Paul N

802.3 Perspective – David L

Keynote – Bob

Refreshments

3.       Budget Request Update (Per Dawn Slykhouse)

The estimate is based on 250 attendees and includes grats and taxes.

1. Coffee/Tea/Sodas - $1425.00 (for 250 A) 2. Cake - for 100 servings is:$600.00

Estimated Total is $2000.00

Thoughts on whether planning 250 is sufficient?

4.       Event Openness

Discussions to date focused on event being open to all and free of charge.  I spoke with Paul today on this, and will initiate an electronic ballot shortly.

John D’Ambrosia