From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Roger Marks
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 9:33 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE P802.3bk Extended EPON draft approval as an IEEE standard

David,

I vote Approve, with a few comments for your consideration:

(1) The effect is weakened by soft wording such as "intended to" and "designed to" in many places, including the headline. For example, I think it would be stronger to replace:

"IEEE 802.3bk is intended to address these issues by amending..." with

"IEEE 802.3bk addresses these issues by amending..."

(2) One of the quotes refers to "the next generation of EPON" and "this next-generation EPON, once finished, ". I can't tell if it's talking about 802.3bk or some future standard.

Roger