[802SEC] Steinmetz award

Colleauges -

I seem to be a member of the award committee for the Steinmetz award again this year (I believe Bob and Bruce are also victims), and we are again looking for suitable candidates. As members of the award committee, we cannot nominate or endorse candidates, but we can encourage suitable nominations to be made. The attached flyer gives more info and a link to the IEEE webpage for the award.

Please consider this to be an encouragement to nominate someone.

There are a number of 802 participants that would very comfortably fit the profile for this award; for example, Don Loughry and Vic Hayes are previous recipients. It would be good to add another 802 name to that particular recipients list. However, it does need someone to take the trouble to do the paperwork and to enlist suitable endorsements; in reality, this isn't a vast amount of work.

Regards,
Tony