From: ext Pat Thaler [mailto:pthaler@broadcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 00:23
To: Riegel, Maximilian (NSN - DE/Munich); STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: OmniRAN EC SG submission of PAR and 5C proposal for consideration in the November session

I may have additional comments on this PAR later based on discussion early during the plenary week, but here are some early comments on the additional notes on the PAR:

On the additional notes:
Regarding the note on 1.2: We shouldn't make any statement about the "intention of the sponsor" to develop follow-on projects. We haven't identified or discussed such projects yet as a sponsor. Replace" It is the Intention of the sponsor to initiate the development" with "The sponsor may initiate the development".

Regarding the note on 3.2 and 5.6:
	a) Sponsor ballot is too late to seek the input from other groups on a cross working group project, and
	b) Any SA member can join Sponsor ballot so there is no need to have a special invitation at that point
In the past, we have put in this sort of special provision to allow one or more voting members of other working groups to vote on a WG ballot. That may be appropriate here.