[802SEC] IEEE 802 University Outreach Program: Request for Contacts (for 802 EC; time-senstitive)

Dear EC Members,

I am forwarding the following message on behalf of Jennie Steinhagen and the IEEE 802 University Outreach Program.

Dear EC members:

In support of the IEEE 802 University Outreach Program being held in conjunction with the upcoming Dallas Plenary meetings, we would like to contact  university professors to personally invite them to attend and to bring some of their students to the UOP on 12 November. Having strong faculty contacts who incorporate the UOP as part of their introduction to or ongoing education about engineering standards has proven successful in the past (Nanjing 2013).

Do you have any faculty contacts in the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth/Austin/Region 5 area you recommend we call? If so, could you please send names and contact info to us this week so that we can call them ASAP? We will plan to mention our referral sources.

We've already sent e-mails to the IEEE Branches at a number of universities in Region 5, and to the ECE professors at UT-Austin (where Bob Metcalfe is on faculty). It would be nice to follow up with the UT-Austin professors or find new contacts in the area.

Any and all contact names welcomed. Responses this week would be essential.

Many thanks,
Jennie Steinhagen

(on behalf of Susan Tatiner and Standards Education)