From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Riegel, Maximilian (NSN - DE/Munich)
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 7:25 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Comments received on the OmniRAN draft PAR proposal

Hello Subir,

Thanks for bringing this up. There are two aspects in this case:
- Formal reasons not to set an official precedence that submitters of PAR comments have not to adhere to the IEEE 802 rules
- Considerations about the uniqueness and substance of the comments

For formal reasons to protect the integrity of IEEE 802 policy and procedures I decided not to officially take the comments into account.
Unfortunately we were very tight in time in the Wednesday ECSG meetings which did not to allow to bring up the submission for information in left-over meeting time - the usual procedure on how to handle incoming material, which did not make it on the official agenda.

Nevertheless I personally reviewed the comments of Charlie Perkins to determine whether there are aspects brought up, which were not covered by the discussion of the other comments. When comparing the comments of Charlie in the scope of the orderly submitted comments to the PAR (see Charlie's comments attached), the comments are addressing issues also brought up by other commenters, which led to modifications and clarifications of the PAR text. Charlie was present in the meeting and contributed to the discussions of the text changes in the PAR. Regards the proposal to make the intended specification more normative; we had multiple comments to resolve on the nature of the intended specification - whether it should become a 'Standard', a 'Recommended Practice' or a 'Guide', with the conclusion to balance the received comments by sticking to 'Recommended Practice'.

As mentioned above: unfortunately there was no time left at the end of the Wednesday meetings to open Charlie's document and do the cross-check of Charlie's comments in the ECSG.

Hello Subir, I hope I was able to show that all comments brought up on the draft PAR proposal were seriously considered, even when brought up to attention on completely informal ways.

Kind regards
Max