From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Pat Thaler
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 15:07
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] Volunteers for leading Newcomer Training in 2014

Dear Working Group Chairs,

I’m looking for volunteers to give the Newcomer training session at the 2014 plenaries. The slide set is already provided, the volunteer does not need to generate content.

When: Monday 10 AM to 11 AM at the plenary.

What: The slide set can be found at:

                http://www.ieee802.org/orientation.shtml

                IEEE 802 Orientation for new participants. Note, I plan to check and update it before the March plenary.

Who: It should be a Working Group officer, ideally one who is not an EC member since the session overlaps the end of the opening EC meeting. E.g.  a Vice-chair, Secretary, Task-group chair.

I try to rotate the duty amongst the Working Groups though not necessarily evenly because the bigger groups have more officers to spread the task amongst. The last 4 were led by officers from:

                802.22

                802.21

                802.1

                802.11