[802SEC] Beijing March 2014 workshop updates

All-

As you are already aware, one of the perqs we were offering for sponsorship was to provide speakers should a potential sponsor want to produce a workshop/seminar. Unfortunately, sponsorship interest has been very low so there are no workshops we need to support. I am informing the local IEEE office of this fact as well, since they may want to do something on their own, but my guess is they will not. There is one event scheduled at Tsing-hua University Saturday afternoon, that is being covered by Jon Rosdahl and maybe one or two others, but that is currently it.

Bottom line is there are no formal 802 related obligations you need to be considering ahead of the event if you have yet to make your travel plans. I would appreciate, however, if you would let Jon and me know your planned arrival dates just in case there are outreach or other last minute events we might be asked to cover. Please cc just the two of us to avoid spamming the reflector (bheile@ieee.org, jrosdahl.ieee@gmail.com ).

See you all shortly in Beijing.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman Emeritus & Chief Technologist, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832