Re: [802SEC] Proposed IEEE 802 reflector policy

No,  it’s not 802.11’s practice.   The request to do so did occur recently twice,

and Bruce asked for staff guidance.  The response included:

is if an alias has been set up/its intent or use is for standards development work within the community (this case 802) that it may not be appropriate to use it for "commercial" reasons/information. That said, there may be external events that align with and/or are relevant to standards work being done in a group and sharing the information makes sense, and will not offend the subscribers on the list.

As this was part of a private reply I won’t attribute the quote.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +86 (131) 6597 8441 (mobile, China)

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +44 (7920) 084 900 (mobile,  UK)

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)